I help Ngos and companies become more inclusive by removing language barriers so that their message makes a real difference.
Laura Millán (she/her), conference interpreter and translator
I am a Spanish conference interpreter and translator with a European Masters in Conference Interpreting from the University of La Laguna and a Degree in Translation and Interpreting from Pablo de Olavide University.
- I work from German/English into Spanish and from Spanish into English.
- My work has offered me the chance to work in fields such as tourism, clinical psychology, organised crime and education, but my main field of work focuses on feminism (gender-based violence, gender justice, feminist backlash, militarisms, LGBTQIA+ communities, …).
- I collaborate with NGOs, companies and organisations to ensure that they are able to fully communicate their messages to their target audience. In doing so, my clients become more inclusive and embrace diversity, since the language barrier disappears.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
I CAN HELP YOU WITH…
Language interpretation – to make your events and meetings more inclusive.
Proofreading – to ensure your communications are clear, correct and concise.
All my services are feminist-informed and inclusive, so that nobody is left behind. I ensure that my services accept and reach everyone, no matter their race, age, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Confidentiality is key for interpreters and translators. Your confidential information will always be safe with me. I will never publish anything related to your content without prior consent.
Translation assignments are always delivered on time.
For interpreting assignments, my booth partner and I will always meet you 30 minutes before the start of the event to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
We will also arrange for a test call in the run up to the event to make sure you are comfortable with the technology.
I have received specialised training for both translation and interpreting. My qualifications are recognised by national and international organisations and institutions, including the European Union.
- Women Defenders of Human Rights, Territory and the Planet.
- Marketing and sells in IT (intelligence and sustainability).
- Attachment in psychotherapy.
- EMDR therapy to treat psychosis, trauma, dissociation, depression and substance use disorder.
- Building fair, efficient and adaptable asylum systems.
- Refugee resettlement and asylum systems.
- Eyewear: sunglasses and optical glasses
- Cocaine laboratories.
- The manosphere and the digital context.
- Protection of endangered species.
- International law enforcement cooperation and organised crime.
- Inner work for social change.
- Masculinities and gender justice.
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Green budgeting.
- Innovation in the lift sector.
- Clinical psychology and the brain.
- Air conditioning system’s manual.